View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2019, 12:00 am   #149
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: MK14 schematic revisions

Welcome Timbucus, nice to have another potential MK14 user on the forum. As you may have read elsewhere, if your PROMs turn out to be blank National Semiconductor (DM prefix) parts then I can program them for you - all I ask is a stamped, addressed jiffy bag to send them back in. PM me if / when you get to that point.

There are at least two forum members who are intending to make stand-alone, possibly Arduino based programmers to handle the Tesla versions but those projects have not, as far as I know, come to fruition yet. Unfortunately, real life tends to get in the way.

For my project to build Karen O's PIC14 hardware MK14 emulator, I bought a Texet 880 which was honestly advertised as having one broken key (and therefore very cheap), so I didn't feel too bad about removing the display from it - but I did it in a non destructive way and kept the rest, so it could be restored at some point.

As to sourcing other parts, it's possible that some forum members who have already trodden this path may already have bought more parts than their replica needed, either because they were sold as a lot or to make the postage a more reasonable fraction of the cost. If you can let us know of any outstanding parts you still need, maybe someone may have some surplus to requirements which they would like to move on to offset the cost of their own replica.