View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2018, 10:51 pm   #44
Philips210
Nonode

Default Re: Interpreting a hexdump table

Hi SiriusHardware.

I appreciate your effort on this, it must have taken a fair amount of your time and thanks.

I so far don't have the accompanying software for the Stag PP28 and haven't yet looked into approaching the Dataman S4. I will get around to this at some stage but have been preoccupied with several other tasks.
I have been doing some more tests on the PP28 and worked out how to check if the contents of the EPROM are empty. I erased a few EPROMS in the eraser (20 minute duration) and successfully loaded data from a pre-programmed EPROM into the programmer's RAM. I then programmed a blank EPROM and verified its successful operation. It would have been good to be able to run things from the PC.
I'll get in contact with the French chap that you mentioned and he may be able to assist regarding the software.

I haven't yet started building the Elabyrinth project. Regarding programming the 2716 EPROM, I could send you a blank if that's OK. PM if that will be acceptable. I had thought about manually entering the values but the problem being that I currently won't be able to save the RAM contents in stages so it would have to be done in one session, a tall order plus it's prone to many errors and a test of one's sanity! The software for this programmer being essential for such a large hexdump.

Regards
Symon