View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2018, 2:58 pm   #11
mark2collection
Hexode

Default Re: Bush DAC90A, Write-off to Worker in no easy steps.

Many thanks for the positive responses gentlemen, the set came together rather well, much better than initially hoped.

The write-up took some work too, trying to keep to the mains points without missing any details or drifting off into tangents. I'd not considered a BVWS write-up either, currently I'm not a member, am now rethinking this

Ed, I've just taken a few more photos this morning, including one of the dial, powered up. Taking my time to repaint the lamp reflector has paid off, the set is using original specification lamps, no other modifications. In the photo, the set had reached normal running temperature.

I've also included a better photo of the sets new mains lead, plug and cable grommet/retaining disc, taken at the time of the work.

The little plastic cover on the pins of the mains plug are for safety, saves accidentally plugging 'a work-in-progress' set directly into the mains. I do this at work too, as some of our test leads are mains leads, with mains plugs on but, open at the other end terminated by bootlace ferrules.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mains Lead & Plug.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	174714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dial Illumination.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	174715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ready For Action.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	174716  

Last edited by mark2collection; 16th Dec 2018 at 3:04 pm. Reason: Cannot spell :O)