View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2006, 12:16 pm   #98
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: PC as a standard convertor

Hi,

Ah, yes... I don't recall having to do that for some reason, I suspect on my system this link was created automatically.

But indeed, having /dev/dvd linked to the device which happens to be your DVD drive helps

Glad you're getting somewhere with this

Just a thought concerning the RGB combiner, I built mine on three seperate bits of Veroboard. One bit was the RGB summing amplifier, another bit contained only the XOR gate and associated gubbins, and the last bit was the sync/video addition section.

If you do the same, then when I've got the 'new improved' sync generator worked out you should be able to replace the board with the XOR gate one with the PLL circuit. There might be minor alterations to the video/sync combiner board (some of which needs a dose of looking at once I've got a 'scope which works... transistors going in and out of saturation aren't fast...) but I think it will be possible to convert a MkII into a MkIII, or at least a "MkII and a half"

Cheers, Kat

(PS, forgive me for taking advantage of my 'special powers', but you'd missed a rather important space out of the ln -s command...)