View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2018, 9:52 am   #8
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: Amateur Radio Gear

Ok David, mistakes happen. Never been to that rally. The Finningley one I have visited twice. It doesn't look far on the map but seemed to take ages to get to. Didn't go this year. I know Bill goes to Hornsea as well as Horncastle where I usually see him.
It does seem that component suppliers with a good range do well at rallies. Seems people treat them with respect, like a shop and dont make silly offers.
I found if I took some excess stock in bags with a quantity of say 50 at 10% of individual part price, they hardly sold. Or people offered stupidly low amounts. These days I just dont bother. Another ploy on say a sig gen at £10. Will you take a couple of quid, I only want the knobs! Yet, at Kings Lynn rally a trader had a box of the ww2 r1155 type knobs at a £1 each and did quite well. Buyer didn't haggle, just paid £5 for 5. Btw, have you noticed David how ba grub screws are expensive these days. Any rubbishy looking or broken knobs I save the screws and throw the rest.
Rob