View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2018, 7:59 pm   #45
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: Changing the BVWS

My own view regarding fresh, younger (?) members is simply, 'what will be will be'. The best, mostly expertly orchestrated PR and advertising campaign can only be successful if there's some kind of synergy amongst potential new members to align the BVWS with. You can't 'make' people become interested in old radios if they're just not bothered about that stuff. As has been said, the culture these days just does not provide a good fit with spending hours fault finding and repairing a dirty old worm ridden wooden radio found at a car boot sale. Of course, there will be new people come along who somehow have developed a passion for old radios (TVs, video, audio, whatever), be it by seeing one somewhere or a chance meeting with someone else who enjoys the hobby. But as a professional PR person I just cannot see a viable means of attracting lots of new blood to join the BVWS. Members can, as individuals, introduce younger relations and friends and hopefully they will become interested enough to take part, but other than that, 'what will be will be' in my opinion.