View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2017, 5:21 pm   #13
immediate
Tetrode

Default Re: The Radiophile / Radio Bygones

I have subscribed to Radio Bygones for many years, but every year I have prevaricated and almost decided not to renew. It was beautifully produced, but a little too ‘heavy’ and military orientated at times for my tastes. I always relented and renewed though.

Even more years ago I subscribed to The Radiophile (I think it was called The Radiogram at the time) but ceased a long while back.

I was sad when Radio Bygones reduced the frequency of publication, and sadder still to read of Mike Kenward’s health problems and the magazine’s demise. I fully expected the merger with The Radiophile to result in the stapled sheets I remember. Not a bit of it! My first copy was a revelation, and a wonderful introduction to the present incarnation. It is packed full of great articles, and I enjoyed it immensely. Sincere thanks to all concerned.

I like the old ads, but wonder if it would be possible for a date to be shown? This would really be appreciated.

I downloaded the sample issue and was engrossed in the article about ‘A Versatile Medium-Power Amplifier’ and was wondering what had caused the rhythmic "bouncing" effect mentioned at the bottom of page 17, only to find a circuit diagram on page 18 but no more mention of the bounce! Am I never to learn the solution to this mystery?

Finally, so much did I like the latest issue and the sample, I ordered some back issues. But the “discounts for quantities” (mentioned in the covering letter) were not referred to on the website, and I wonder how one might avail oneself of this offer?

Well done, and thanks again. And very best wishes to Mike Kenward.

All the best,

Allan