Old 19th Mar 2023, 11:13 pm   #23
RetroHacker
Diode

Default Re: Video 2000 tape interchangeability and reliability questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Dalek View Post
Hi RetroHacker!
I am not an expert with VCRs, but I must have a box of new shrink-wrapped
Video 2000 tapes which are recorded with (stupid) movies.
I donĀ“t know where they are.
It is possible, that I have thrown some away (because of the stupid movies).
Because I have so much problems around my head, I cannot search for them NOW.
If you are interested I shall search for them in late spring/summer.

Regards,
German Dalek
That would be very much appreciated! Yes - I would definitely be interested. Video 2000 and VCR type tapes are very difficult for me to get, as I am located in the US. I'm mostly limited to what I can find on eBay that's been listed with international shipping.

I have recently gotten my VR2334 up and running. This is a bit more convenient in that it already has composite input via the SCART connector. One of the few tapes I have is blank, and I used it to record some video (using some other equipment to convert NTSC to PAL), and was able to record a tape that plays pretty darn good on the VR2334. Unfortunately, that same tape does not play properly on the VR2020 - the picture looks more or less OK but it jumps and rolls a lot. I need to spend more time with the docs for the VR2020 to understand and verify it's setup. Of course, I also don't know if the VR2334 is set up properly either. It does seem to behave about the same as the VR2020 does with the various tapes that don't play correctly, lending credibility to the thought that some of these tapes are simply damaged. The fact the tape is curled/cupped on many of them also seems to indicate that they perhaps were poorly stored.