View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2023, 6:31 pm   #1
Techman
Dekatron

Default Hacker Centurion MK11 (GA500A)

How do you get inside it?

This is the model without the screws around the edge of the motor board.

There's three screws holding the lower part of the front trim on the underside and removing these allows the trim to be pulled forward when the control knobs are removed, but what's holding it at the top edge?

Am I missing a trick here or does it just need a bit of brute force?

I've removed the ventilation grille from the bottom of the cabinet and interestingly there's three screws that have a left hand thread that do absolutely nothing with nothing on the inside - observed through the grille hole with a mirror and light and by feel.

I can get to one (and possibly the other with a long implement, or perhaps through the rear fuse holder cover which I haven't removed yet) record deck hold down flick round spring clips, so at a push could perhaps remove just the record deck and get at things this way, but there must be a better and more correct way.

I need to get to the innards, as although both power amplifiers seem to be working, there's absolutely no signal getting through from the inputs, so some sort of pre-amp fault or disconnection. No noise or crackle when any of the buttons are pressed, so really need to get to this part of the circuitry.

I thought I'd ask before applying extra force and risk busting (or bending) something - I bet someone will know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150982.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	274918   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150981.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	274919   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150984.jpg
Views:	53