View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2023, 8:22 pm   #187
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Yet another MK14 tape interface (ESP32).

Well, so here, as far as I know, are the world's first SCIOS V3 PROMs. I've gone with a different dot colour scheme to distinguish them from the blue / green dots of the late MK14 SCIOS.

U2 is red, U3 is yellow although I really wanted orange (Red=2, Orange=3) but try as I might I could not find anyone selling sticky 5mm orange dots, so yellow it is.

Although I don't have the offboard hardware to test their operation, I have had them installed in my Issue VI and I have used that to look through and check that the replacement code in the tape load / save area is byte for byte the same as in the .LST file attached in Coolsnaz2's post #168.

My programmer lets me load an 8-bit wide file and choose which nibble (upper or lower) to programme into the 4-bit wide PROM - for the benefit of others who may not have that feature on their programmer I have read the two programmed PROMs separately and saved them as two 512-byte files with the PROM code in the lower four bits of each byte, see the attached .zip file.

I'll put these in the post to Coolsnaz2 in the next day or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCIOS_V3_PROMs.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	273243  
Attached Files
File Type: zip MK14OSV3.zip (1.1 KB, 40 views)