View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2021, 3:26 pm   #1
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Identifying unknown items

I'm clearing out my collection and keep finding interesting but unknown items: I know the membership has amazing powers of recognition so I'm hoping someone can recognise a few of these, starting with a module clearly dated Apr 66 by the attached cloth tag and from component date codes.

Two power devices have the Texas Instruments logo plus the date code 6621 plus two text markings W914 and 5219971 which do not appear in datasheetarchive nor in the Illiffe 1961 data book. The devices must have undergone some trauma as they read o/c from stud to leads (in either direction and up to 30V) while the two leads are a dead short. Both devices. I presume they were thyristors. The little mustard potted item is o/c between all terminals: maybe it had been a trigger transformer. Wiring is yellow PVC laced with nylon cord.

The Atlas computer dates from that time but there are no images of component assemblies except for one board. All other images show earnest people in white coats seated at consoles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Apr 66 top.JPG
Views:	794
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	228060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Apr 66 bottom.JPG
Views:	658
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	228061  

It's good here
Julesomega is offline   Reply With Quote