View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2019, 7:35 pm   #21
Shmason
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: GPO planset with external extensions

Ok I don't want to jinx it but I think we are getting close! I have removed the diode and put a meter across it both ways and there is zero resistance reading both ways. The relay coil does measure 400 ohms or there abouts. I put the meter in voltage mode and put it across the two relay terminals in the ring converter then called the phone from my mobile with the line switched to extension. The needle in the meter happily danced in tune to the phone ringing in the other room. So therefore current is reaching the relay coil and the diode is the culprit?

Further more, with the help of my partner I have discovered with the diode removed the extensions can successfully buzz the main whilst the exchange line is switched through. I am really chuffed about this as this was the main thing I wanted to acheive.

Finally, I remembered years ago my friend gave me some diodes for a clock application (this is my main hobby). I have just fished them out the garage. As far as I can see they read 1n4002. Will they be suitable or if not could you please advise what I may require? Thanks so much!