View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2018, 11:54 am   #11
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Hornsea Radio Rally 14th October

Yes - a shame about the weather. Saturday was a glorious sunny day - 24C at 10pm, very windy but the wind was warm.

We got to Hornsea at 8am yesterday, just in time to unload and set up before the rain set in. As always, all tables were taken and despite the weather, there were lots of visitors, though whereas on a fine day, as it's in the Floral Hall right on the seafront it would go on well into the afternoon, by 2pm yesterday, most visitors had left and stallholders were packing up. Seemed to me that a lot of equipment remained unsold, but then who is going to buy a secondhand multimode transceiver of unknown provenance that's 25 years old or more, even though it might appear well looked after?

Just £7.00 a table with electricity laid on free if asked for. (Some car boot sales charge £12.00 for a pitch in a sodden windswept field up to the knees in grass). I had a table to dispose of low value items no longer of use to me, that I'm reluctant to throw away, but which would cost more to post than they're worth. I got rid of quite a lot of new (old stock) die-cast boxes, aluminium and ABS project boxes that I've had for decades, and lots of other bits. Anything that didn't sell is off to the tip or one day it will end up in a skip marked 'Grandad's Junk'.

I've attached a few pics.

First is my wife on sales duty, second is of the Bring & Buy, third is the husband & wife team of 'Canny Components' from Gateshead, then a couple of general pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trader Jen.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	170978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bring & Buy.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	170979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canny Components.jpg
Views:	90