Thread: Baird Garrick
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2021, 5:29 pm   #113
beery
Heptode

Default Re: Baird Garrick

Many thanks for all your kind words Still a little way to go before I can sign it off. I at least need to secure the CRT more reliably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panrock View Post
How many of these are known to exist? I recall one in Michael Bennett-Levy's book... and that's all.

Steve
Hi Steve,
During my research I located three other Garrick sets, like mine.
One has the same darker coloured cabinet as mine. That set is owned by a collector who has kept it in storage since it was purchased many years ago. It has a broken tuning scale.
The other two have the central section made out of a pale wood, possibly beech. One of them has matching ivory coloured knobs. I think that one is located in the museum of Scotland. I don't know where the other one is located.

Then there are the two Lyric sets, the same chassis but with a roller shutter over the CRT.
One of those, in Birds Eye maple is the one from Michael Bennett-Levy's books.
The other Lyric was formerly in the Thorn collection in Enfield. After Thorn closed, a private collector became the custodian of the collection. That set is in a light wood cabinet (pale oak?) and has been restored to working order. I was kindly given permission to take some measurements of the set to help with the restoration of my Garrick.

Also sharing the same chassis was the Adephi, but no one has seen one of these, I've not even seen a picture of one to know what they looked like.

Cheers
Andy