View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2021, 10:52 pm   #26
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: HT for a car radio

To David Simpson,
I have it all in my head at present and have a load of other projects going on at present. I will CAD it out and publish it but really its not complex. Essentially three variable supplies plate, screen and grid with meters on all legs so I can see current and voltage. Its not for newbies though !! as miss setting can destroy even a large valve in very short time. The whole idea behind it is for matching my 5B/254 valves for my amplifier build. BUT I have thought about adding a few rotary switches to obtain switched voltages and ten turn pots to control voltages. Power transformer is a custom one of mine but it will be easy enough to use one or two extra ones, perhaps back to back to acheive the same purpose. It IS "in the mill" and will appear soon ( no exact promises. ) I will be using my old MKII AVO chassis and superb cast chassis rails with new front panel.
The Avo still actually works but has the traditional sticky meter and I had to repair one of the pots where there was a join between two different thickness nichrome wires, and the weld had broken. THAT was a %$##$@% job!!!!!.

Joe