View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2017, 9:29 pm   #55
sobell1980
Octode

Default Re: A poor old HMV at the Recycling Centre...

Good evening all. It's not often I add comments to such threads but being local to me and knowing the tip I thought I would add. I agree with Martin Bush entirely. It's no good going on about how bad and what a shame it is. A pro active approach would for sure seal the security of this TV set. The operatives are not monster's or alien. I'm sure in future and this time around speaking to one of them to raise the concern with the site manager is all that is needed. I'm sure although they will not let you take it away that they aren't unkind or monstrous enough not to keep it to one side till the issue can be resolved and the necessary bodies or authorities have got involved. I'm sure that Solihull borough council would be more than happy to help save this set and get some publicity from it too. It could make some great local news with all involved and bring some more awareness to keep history alive. I think we should listen to Martin's advice and make swift proactive action on this, before it brings too much attention and 'dissapears'. An email or Phone Call to the right person at the council is all that is needed. A donation to a supported charity or similar .
Local news could read 'Historic TV saved from landfill by entheusiast'. I went to one tip where they save items and are sold on, so it must be allowed. I've seen another down south where it's piled up and allowed to be recycled. I'm sure amongst us forum members it can and will be saved. Let's make this a happy ending.