View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2021, 6:05 pm   #1
Radio Scotland
Hexode
 
Radio Scotland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Larkhall, South Lanarkshire, Scotland.
Posts: 488
Default Philips P3G38T Stone Dead

Received this today complete with broken dial glass :' (Put a battery in it and got a loud crackle when I adjusted the volume control, but nothing else. So whipped the covers off it and tapped the dreaded AF117's transistors with a screwdriver and it burst into life. MW was working well but nothing on LW. It played for a short while but now it's stone dead, not a crackle. Nothing,

Voltage is reaching the on/off switch. Shorted transistor or capacitor?

Cheers, Jay.
__________________
Help!! Iv'e been electrocuted by a glass thing that glows
Radio Scotland is offline