View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2020, 11:42 am   #362
Timbucus
Octode

Default Re: Recreating the Bywood Scrumpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
Don't be concerned Phil, I have a very, very 'dry' way of 'speaking' so it is not always easy to tell when I am being serious or when I am joking even when you meet me face to face. I should be more careful to use emojis or more obvious language when I write here.

I am not mad at you or anyone, and as I said I admire what everyone here is trying to do. It is a great pity that MJK did not go on to fulfil his full potential, I agree.
I also suffer from this with sometimes oblique jokes - so just assume we are joking... I am not sure I have ever seen a bad word on this forum which is why I like it so much.

On the JMK point it is why I have been driven to do this. I also agree that the BYWOOD ads did look unprofessional - and perhaps it was that human and "not polished" look that attracted me to them BITD as a hobby constructor - I was obviously eventually swayed by the eventual ZX80 slick colour advertising on what I did. It reminds me very much of my own early journey I suppose as our early adverts and inlays were definitely on the BYWOOD side with art drawn by school friends or even me but, we did strive for the SoC/Sinclair approach by the end with slick professional artwork.