View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 8:06 pm   #47
staticmind
Tetrode

Default Re: B&O Capri 606 TV (17") restoration

Thanks! I'll have a closer look at this as soon as I receive a new PCC88.

Measuring G1 voltages should be when the CRT is set to maximum brightness (?) and with respect to chassis ground? In the diagram they state 8.5V at G1, but it should be negative, so not quite sure what they were thinking there.

Also in the diagram, the only diode connecting to the vertical deflection transformer is the "GSD 6/6", component number 177. Could this be it? I can't find anything on this diode, and what a suitable replacement would be, but I'll wait until I have a picture again with further debugging on this. Hopefully some silicon device may be suitable.

The VDR E299DD/P354 has got a crack in the side, which someone attempted to solve using some silvery looking touch-up paint. It's in the vertical deflection section, and may affect the height control. Should probably try to look for a new one somewhere.

I also finally found the AGC part of the schematic as well, it is called ASK in Danish apparently (at that point in time). There's a 2M pot to control the level of feedback.

I replaced the original Wicon 56 nF (1000VDC rated) with a - now discontinued - Wima FKP1 with the same ratings (and 400VAC) - even before the set was started up. It was actually quite hard to find a 56 nF, but it is stated as recommended for "Deflection systems in monitors and TV-sets".

Another cap that was replaced in the same section was a Jensen (audiophile grade) 0.1 uF 630 VDC electrolytic. Definitely a weird choice . It was replaced by a MKP18HQ (Vishay) which is also rated for high current and pulse operations.

P.S. No worries, your English is absolutely fine!