View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2020, 7:38 pm   #28
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Very interesting auction of communications equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by David G4EBT View Post
If this really is - as has been intimated - the collection, or more accurately the 'hoard' - of one deceased G3, it beggars belief. ('The Hoarder Next Door' comes to mind).

I think that if we believe that the auctioneers have somehow split the lots, we're endowing the auctioneers with abilities, attributes, inclinations and limitless time that they don't possess.

What a tedious and irksome task it must have been.
Absolutely David, they just wouldn't have the time. I find this sort of mix up all the time at local auctions. There was a Linguaphone gramophone at one of the sales which was in the (expensive) room which is connected to the internet, while in the other room where the 'clutter' sale was going on at the same time, I bought a lot that happened to include the Linguaphone records in their proper matching case that should have been with the gramophone in the sale in the other room.

If it wasn't for me having a couple of property moves necessitating big clear outs over the years, then that 'hoard' could easily be similar to the collection that I might have had by now