View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2014, 2:36 pm   #33
rufford155
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Job lot of old valves found

Meat Pye : Thanks but I don't have the knowledge or equipment to be able to test them so that's a no go. I have already sold over 800 bits and bobs of all sorts on ebay over the years so I don't need to increase my exposure or improve my feedback which is 100%. I have 95 items on right now.

Paul: Thanks for directing me to tdls. which was useful and also led me to the National Valve Museum, also from Mark - thanks, and other links. I found the majority through them and then Googled the last few which gave me 10FB/977 to be a Sun-Vic Vacuum Switch and GN4A to be a Numerical Indicator(whatever they are!). And Google even found my own list on this forum listed at 5th from the top!

There are now only 9 unidentified - 6X21; 30P15; B152; C84; ECH8; ECL8; GD2; L13 AND PL200. It's possible I guess that some lettering has rubbed off or I have misread them so I am going to check them again.

I have decided to put them on ebay in batches of 20 or so. I will batch them in categories as defined on National Valve Museum - TV, Radio, Car Radio, Audio, Rectifier and by the letter codes, then the last few oddballs and unknowns.

Any comments on this strategy much appreciated.