Thread: Bush TR82B
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 11:25 am   #33
terrykc
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Bush TR82B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argus25 View Post
It is the only transistor radio I have ever seen that is wired like this, though there may be others. I still have to restore this TR-82, it is the version with AF117 transistors. I picked it up from an antique shop in York.
Barring dirty switches and controls, if the problem is more that faulty AF117s, I would be surprised (although some of the electrolytics may have dried out after all this time).

I remember when Bush announced that the original TR82 was going to bne discontinued and discounted the price to clear existing stocks. There was uproar from the trade because it had been such a good seller.

Bush received so many complaints, it was said, that they were forced to rethink and redesigned it to use the current AF117 in place of the obsolescent OC4x range. However, I don't recall much of a gap before the Mk.II version appeared, including a new tan colour scheme for the TR82D, so perhaps the story was apocryphal?

One thing that has always puzzled me: There was a TR82B and a TR82C, plus the later TR82D, so why was there no TR82A?