View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2021, 2:01 am   #17
xereeto
Diode

Default Re: First repair project - PYE 450 (Philips G11). Weird beam distortion.

Thanks, I was able to find and replace the diode... unfortunately, the issue persisted.

I tested the bridge diodes, and they're all fine. I tried to test the high voltage line from the point circled in the attached image to the chassis (I was told this was the way to do it by someone else), but strangely I got no reading so I guess they must have been wrong.

And now I have a much larger problem, it seems - after turning it on again a few times in my tests, the CRT now no longer displays any image at all. I still hear the high pitched 15.6kHz whine when I turn it on, and the light on the channel selector illuminates, but the CRT heater doesn't glow.

Obviously either something I've done has broken the TV further, or repeated power cycling in its faulty state has caused something down the line to give out, but either way I'm now at square -1 and thinking of giving up entirely. This may be beyond my capabilities I fear.

Wish I had better news, but ah well.