View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 12:58 am   #1
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Question Info. on 'phone requested

This post may be in wrong section: if it is, my apologies; please move it accordingly.

The manufacturer of this 'phone no longer exists - so to me, it is a 'vintage 'phone', albeit one that it uses modern technology.
Manufacturer is 'Answercall': underneath this 'phone there is a London address. So it is (presumably) of U.K manufacture.
Model is a 'Trojan'; name 4000.

To the best of my scant knowledge of 'phones, I think this 'phone qualifies as a 'feature phone'. Amongst its facilities, it has buttons and switches for:
Program / Normal; Tone / Pulse; ON / OFF; Monitor high / low; earth recall / time line break and ten push buttons which I assume are for storing frequently used telephone numbers. The insides are full of chips, etc., but there is no battery . (So where does the voltage for the embedded electronics come from?)

I connected it to my incoming land line and yes, it does dial out and receive calls.

I'd like to get the maximum use from this 'phone: to do that, a copy of the manual would be useful and / or any info. members might be able to provide for me.

Can anyone help with this, please?
Thank you,

Al.