Thread: Television set?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2019, 10:32 am   #44
M0FYA Andy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire, UK.
Posts: 2,049
Default Re: Television set?

Just picking up on two points from these posts, the Air Ministry/RAF used the word 'Computor', spelled with an 'o', to refer to a calculating device, for example the MkIV Bombsight Computor used in the Avro Lancaster and other heavy bombers is an electro/pneumatic/mechanical calculator, and also a whole range of rotary slide-rule calculators used by the Navigator and Bomb-Aimer.

'Televisor' was also used in the context of electronic television receivers, not just mechanical Baird-type, in the 40s and 50s.

M0FYA Andy is offline