View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2019, 10:53 am   #1
dalekmoore2007
Pentode

Default SSTV Mechanical video recorder Attempt

I am working on phonovision but got to start some where ...i did start by seeing if i could record any thing no matter how bad but got to the point where voice music was ok then i had plans to widen my bandwidth with SSTV which to me is a step i always wanted to do record it on a record ...early 33rpm recordings were very very poor funny enough but in sync i found you really need at least 45 and much better 78 Rpm for this system
Looking into Albert's great work on wax drum NBTV and Jeremy Jago in 2006 NBTV has inspired me...and of cause the Great John logie baird .
I didn't want to use a working turntable wanted to make it from scratch so lots of trial and error and design changes ...This did make it very difficult as i am finding now on syncing the lathe to a standard 78 rpm player ~!
This is what you are seeing in the youtube video below the lathe is a bit out speed wise so is the syncing then as shown .
I think due to the problem with a dc geared motor syncing it would be easier to just work on a play back head arm for the lathe and i can adjust things much easier from the same machine without making it standard for now but that my follow in time .
I also had a few go's at designing the lathe cutting or embossing head ended up here so far using a dvd stepper motor wired soldered to a a gem play head of some sort shown below ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svpDroXEqIQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9858.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	192293   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9861.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	192294   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6322[1].JPG