View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2016, 2:43 pm   #77
Mark James
Hexode

Default Re: Cossor 3339 Oscillograph(Scope).

To give an idea of the inaccessability of the break the attached photo is taken from underneath and shows the repair now encased in white heat shrink at the top of the photo (on the light brown wire). When I first saw the fault my heart sank as removing the mains transformer is a major task. The 'scope was then powered up in a similar fashion to the previous one and worked fine ... see attached photo. I am looking for the Y1 and Y2 shift knobs that some may have noticed are missing from the 'scope in the attached photo - can anyone help? Happy to buy a complete 339 as I suspect that a spare mains transformer may be useful in the future!

I am indebted to many members of the forum for the advice offered but particularly to David Simpson not only for his advice and example but also the parts that he kindly gave me. Thanks also to Sean Williams for the spare CRT's. Having a spare chassis to build onto was a great help - if anyone is planning a re-build I now have a spare chassis that they are welcome to. Next will have to be the 343 wobbulator to make the set!

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr repair 5.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	122449   Click image for larger version

Name:	339J.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	122450  

Last edited by Mark James; 7th Apr 2016 at 2:48 pm. Reason: omission