View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2019, 11:23 am   #6
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default Re: Topaz yellow (faded), or yellowed ivory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo Grillo View Post
The phone on the left (the one I am trying to identify) is yellow(ed) inside and outside.
The yellowed ivory phones I've refurbished have all been ivory on the inside so I would say that your 'yellowed' phone is indeed a topaz yellow example. Looks that way in the photo too.

Alan
I would also say that it is an original 'Topaz Yellow' one. I have a 'never been used' Topaz yellow one Tele 706 and it is the same colour as yours. It is in fact a Tele 706CB which I swapped for another phone. Sadly the Royal Mail managed to damage the box and shatter the 'Dial Dummy No 6' . It was the only colour that I hadn't got a new spare one. I've ended up eventually getting a larger yellow 'Dial Dummy No 7'. The Dial Dummy No 6 was only produced for a short period until the 'D.D. No 7' came along - the No 7 also fits the Tele 711/741 whereas the D.D.No 6 is too small. From memory only about 3% of 700 type telephones were 'Topaz yellow'. Then the Blue ones are a little bit more common. The figures were in a publication some years ago - 'Post Office Telecommunications' magazine I think.