View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2019, 7:41 pm   #23
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: KB Pre-war Mirror lid TV

It would be great to discover one of these tucked away in a Country House sale!

Very little information exists on KB pre war receivers. The post war CV30 [1947] is another very rare receiver but as mentioned, no mirror! The CRT is a Brimar 12A which appears to be a Mazda CRM121, especially as it has a Mazda Octal base. The CRM121 appeared in 1938 so I guess this was employed in the pre war KB model.

An old Transit pick up loaded with junk pulled up at the shop decades ago. The driver came in and asked if I wanted an old TV. Standing up at the front of the truck was a CV30 in very good condition. I showed interest and he said that he would unload the junk and drop it off on his way home. It never happened!

I often wonder what happened to it especially as I had offered him a fair price for it and back then old TV receivers were just junk..Oh well you can't win them all.

[I believe this is the final mirror lid receiver to be manufactured. Dave mentioned it earlier on. It is called 'Reflections' employing the late version of the TX9 chassis and a 14" high quality CRT. As David mentioned, it is based on a pre war Ultra model. The picture is fantastic. The cabinet is manufactured from solid wood and is very heavy. It was manufactured to celebrate 50 years of BBC television but also coincided with the opening of the Ferguson factory on the Great Cambridge Road in 1936.] John.

Swap for a CV30 or 780 series anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ferguson Reflections (3).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	188120   Click image for larger version

Name:	ferguson Reflections (2).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	188121   Click image for larger version

Name:	ferguson Reflections (1).jpg