View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2019, 10:57 am   #187
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: BBC TV: The Repair Shop

The thing is, Malcolm, every time Drew Pritchard buys something he always tells us the expected repair costs. Sometimes hundreds of ££'s. Then again on his Restorers programs, he and the chosen experts openly discuss costs. Again, many hundreds of ££'s are often involved. Also, I note recently, that on "Wheeler Dealers", they're now including the amount of manhours at the end of the program. (God, please don't get me going on that mouthy git Mike Brewer !)
Regarding Drew's electrician - he always replaces mains cabling, fits modern 3pin plugs, & he always ensures correct earthing. In all the years I've watched the program, I've never seen him trip the building's circuit breaker - unlike the Repair Shop's radio duffer a year or two back. Drew's metalwork guy - Gavin, is a different fellow to the electrician guy(I forget his name ?). Most of the time Drew tells Gavin to quickly tart up old lamp posts, industrial cupboards, etc. As he'll be shifting them on pdq. Whereas the electrician guy carefully takes his time.
Incidentally, a local friend & near neighbour has met Drew Pritchard, and have bought a couple of proper antiques off him. They were jolly pleased with the price & condition of the items. Seemingly Drew-wise, what you see is what you get. Not a drip or drool from him or any of his staff.

Regards, David