View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2018, 9:03 am   #113
Mrgroovy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Aga Baltic AH37. Need help identifying old capacitor from 1930s radio

Thanks, I know you said the same early on, but I just wanted to make sure nothing had changed after seeing the schematic.

I have also tried to follow the last schematics (No.6) and as far as I can tell it seems to be 100% accurate. Very well done and cheers to all you skillful forumers!

I've also ordered new capacitors for this receiver now and will keep you posted on the progress. I just cross my fingers that there will be no other unexpected faults further down the line.

Oh, and by the way, this question goes to all: As far as you tell from the schematics; are there any safety issues that I should be aware of, especially with regards to the chassis and the GR input? It is not supposed to be a "hot chassis" as far as I'm concerned (right?) but I've read lots of warnings when working on old tube radios on other forums. Being a musician, I find it tempting to try plug my guitar into the Gram input, which I've already done on a few other old radios with quite awesome results. Just wanted to ask to make sure, though it is not worth the try if I'm likely to get electrocuted.