View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2019, 9:19 pm   #1
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Tefi schallband cartridge library completed

Good evening,
Here is a project I undertook over the course of the weekend. I have a growing collection of Tefifon cartridges and having a box to store them in was not ideal. The cartridge cases are particularly fragile.

I have seen that the Tefi company produced an under unit for cartridge storage for their radiogram models which had the same footprint as the radiogram and made it more of a floor standing console radio. The likelihood of finding one is very slim and only holds about 20 cartridges anyway and I have many more than one would hold.

I decided that a wall mounted unit would be much better and so designed and built a wall rack tailored to the cartridge size. I purposely over sized it as I am sure more cartridges will be added in the future. I had to remove my whiteboard and fit it to another wall but the rack was fitted to the wall this morning and I spent a pleasing evening putting all of the cartridges in numerical order. I am also in the process of cataloguing them all to produce a library of their contents. I am certainly very pleased with the home made rack and it looks a lot better than I had imagined.

My wife likes it too but now wants me to make her one for her shoes!!

Christopher Capener
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tefi library.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	184877