View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2018, 11:18 am   #7
Argus25
No Longer a Member

Default Re: Wadar chassis nightmare! Suggestions?

Ian,

I sympathize with this predicament and I have been through similar episodes myself.

When it happens, the first thing just accept the attempt was a failure & not good enough. Whatever you do, don't accept the compromises of the result, it will just haunt you every time you look at it.

So accept it is a loss in investment of time and money. Once you recover from that and accept it and adjust to that, it is actually all good news afterwards.

Plan a methodology to strip the chassis. For a really good finish, go for powder coating at a powder coating factory, it will give much better scratch resistance and adherence than any automotive paint and have a finish with just a tad less gloss that is helpful on a surface with irregularities.

Once that is done and you are happy with the finish, the white legends can be screen printed (you just need to fing someone in you locality that still does this with a real screen & paint).

Then when it is done properly, the memories of this bad episode will fade and you will be able to enjoy it even more and it will even make a better campfire story how you got it so good.