View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2018, 10:38 pm   #1
DUNHILL
Retired Dormant Member

Default Please help to identify a Beethoven Radio

I’ve recently purchased a wood cased (measuring 21cm W x 21.5cm H x 15cm D)) radio with a rounded front top. It has a central oval speaker grill with on/off volume pot below. Below these are a bank of 6 pre set tuning push buttons, there is no provision or dial for manual tuning. Underneath is a Plate with 12 variable capacitors fitted numbered 1 and 1A to 6 and 6A, which I assume are to select and fine tune the pre set stations. The fibre board back is just marked Beethoven British Made Radio, with reference but no numbers to licence and patents. The Chassis is marked serial number PB201/8326, It has speaker and aerial sockets with 220 or 230 volt selection. It is a 4 valve unit being U4020 5 pin rectifier and an EK2 and an EF9, both 8SC type and a missing 8SC type valve. Besides the missing valve it looks to have had some caps replaced and messed with. I assumed the PB201 referred to the model number but can’t find any reference to this model anywhere, nor can I find a schematic and with it being 220 or 230 volts and the UK being on 250 volts when this was made, was it made for export? Any information or where I can buy a schematic would be very helpful. .