View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2017, 1:02 am   #6
ChristianFletcher
Heptode

Smile Re: Bang and Olufsen MCP5500 - Repair Youtube link

Hi Dave

Thanks for you kind words. I quite enjoying making these little videos it's funny how you loose IT skills if you don't try and get involved with new media etc. There's been a lot of head scratching tying to figure out how to work the camera, setting up microphones, editting the movies and finally upload them. These are skill that every 10 year old has but it's been a challenge for me.

I would think most of my repairs will be quite low tech as I'm only a dabbler have far to many interests to gain any real proficient in any thing. I really admire the bare bones restoration that have been published On this forum by people with great skill and patience. I'm always amazed at the vast depth of knowledge many people have hear on the forum and there willingness to share.

I will definitely find out more about Tims B+O stuff. They have a really interesting design philosophy both form and function. I will hope to lay my hands on some equipment of my own in the near future.

Anyway busy playing with a 8 track player at the moment another first for me and loving the learning experience. So should have another video ready soon. No doubt I will be on hear again wanting advice on the next repair. And as the name suggests I have all the gear and know idea.

Regards Chris

Last edited by ChristianFletcher; 19th Mar 2017 at 1:08 am.