View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 7:14 pm   #5
coopzone
Hexode

Default Re: FM to AM converter - variation on a theme!

I can describe the changes I made (as above I teased a few of the values but that was optional you don't need to). First if you follow the link to the original article you will find the circuit diagram.

I built everything to the right of R1 470k (including the resistor; I later changed the value to a 100k as the volume was a bit low)

Next I permanently connected R2 1k to ground (-ve line from battery), so as to enable the transmitter all the time.

Next I changed the values of C4/C5 to 150pf to change the frequency, as the original values just happened to be very close to a local station. You may not need to do this step.

Next I added a 100uf cap and a 470ohm resister across the +ve/-ve ( for the cap) and the resistor in series withe the +ve. This reduces the voltage to the circuit and reduces the ripple (and hum) caused by the low quality plug-in-the-wall PSU I used. This power supply was 9v unregulated and was also used to power the Bluetooth/radio/mp3 module.

Next connected the provided short leads like this;

2 GND wires, one -ve power the other audio ground to the -ve per on the PSU where in connected to the board I made.

1 +ve (9-12volt required) to the PSU +ve direct from the transformer. So the same power supply is used for both the transmitter and the module.

Left+Right audio connected to R1 as Audio input to the transmitter.

Thats it. The module is so simple it does not even come with a connection diagram, it's printed on the PCB! Attached photo. Sorry is not a very good photo but you can see the silk print showing the connections and the pre-supplied connection plugs / leads

The unit is control by an IR remote, but will auto play MP3 etc when you insert a USB/card in it.

Derek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1018.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	169874   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1019.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	169875