Thread: How much?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2019, 7:25 am   #15
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: How much?

"What are you planning to pass on?" A load of old junk according to my old man, but my daughter might keep one of my guitars, my records and maybe a few other bits, but who knows. As others have said a lot of folks stuff ends up chucked and in my experience bitterly regretted years later. , sometimes for the monetary value but more often for sentiment, something on the lines of "Grandad/Dad always took me fishing/in the shed doing X, wish I had his old rods/woodworking tools, something to remember him by"

Oddly this sentiment isn't often expressed by girls, they don't pine after Grandma's baking tin's or Mother's old spud masher or hairbrush. This may sound sexist but how many folks Granny's or Mum's fixed motorbikes, old TV's or collected stamps?

I did think of leaving valves and other stuff of worth, but it will be too much for those I leave behind to sort out, so I'm getting rid of as much stuff as I can. I've left a note in my will to contact here and other forum's for members to come and grab what they want for free and chuck the rest.

Andy.