View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2017, 3:06 pm   #73
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default Re: GPO 332 transmitter issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigus01 View Post
The wires that seem to connect across the pulse contacts appear to be pink and slate. I have no contact across 4 & 5 without the wire link, does this make sense?
It does, but it's wired incorrectly. Look at the paster diagram I posted earlier and you'll see.

Looking down at the dial terminal strip, the terminals are numbered 12345 left-to-right. The colour order is as follows:-
1 = Blue
2 = Slate
3 = Brown
4 = Pink
5 = Orange.

Don't get hung up on the colours, though - it's been known for them to have been swapped out in the past. But the pulse contacts should go to 4 and 5 on the dial terminal strip.

The other terminals are confusing and there's a conflict between what is shown on a dial No: 10 (like yours) and on the explanatory diagram. Here's what I'd do...

*Disconnect your dial entirely and determine which are both sets of DON contacts.

*Check to see if any of these contacts are connected to each other internally on the dial springs.

*After deducing the aforementioned, draw out and post on here how your dial contacts interact with each other, and we'll take it from there.

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.