View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 10:32 pm   #16
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Re: Vintage car aerial etc

Have had two Saab 900's (from 86 and 89 respectively), both of which had electric aerials - one of which worked, one of which didn't. However as about 50% of the electrics in that one never worked right anyway, I was never sure whether the unit of the car in general were to blame! ...but I did only pay £60 for the car...and it did me nearly a year, so I never complained.

Both of my Skodas (130GL and 135 Rapic RiC) have had radio antennas built into the sunroof (can't for the life of me find a photo of it for all the dozens of photos of the cars I have...will snap one of the Rapid's at the weekend). Doesn't seem to be honest to be hugely effective...but did the job more or less on FM...Am was appalling though!

Have never had a car with a stick on demister...but do remember seeing them on a few cars when I was younger. Think one of our neighbours had...can't remember precisely...was either a MkI Vauxhall Astra, or possibly a Chevette with one of them. No idea how effective it was though...I was about five at the time!