View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2018, 3:15 pm   #3
Keith
Heptode

Default Re: Modeline problem

Hi Graham,

I was rather hoping you would answer. The PC I'm using can boot into either XP or XP Pro. Both have problems, however. I currently can't use XP Pro as it's not recognising the keyboard for some unexplained reason. I may have to try and sort that in due course.

The problem with XP is that its IE is corrupted. This doesn't normally bother me as I use Firefox but it was possibly the reason I had difficulty updating the video driver using the NVIDIA installer. I eventually managed it manually through Device Manager and it seems to work OK. I am able to set up dual outputs and monitor the second one on a scope. When I can see sensible 405x50 video on it I'll feed it to the grid of the last video IF for now.

I'd be interested to know which NVIDIA driver version you used - maybe there has been update since your installation and possibly this could be my problem (/clutching at straws mode).

Haven't got round to building a modulator yet but I have bought a couple of 1496 multipliers and obtained 45 and 41.5MHz crystals.