View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2006, 11:01 pm   #1
telstar
Octode

Default N.V.C.F meetings

Hi. I have just noticed another change in location for the N.V.C.F. I understand that the N.E.C proved expensive for the event, which is a shame. I found that the N.E.C was easy for me to get to by rail from Leeds (I do not have a car, myself). I noticed that many other people also came to the N.E.C radio event by train also, because it was easy to access for them.
Personally, whatever I bought at these events, I was given a lift by a friend, so the return home was not a problem.
I found the Motorcycle Museum difficult to get to from the N.E.C rail station, as it added extra in taxi fare. I am not sure about the Leamington Spa event on how to get there without costing extra amounts in fare.
I greatly enjoy coming to this event, and do not want to loose out on this if it becomes a great expense in travelling to get to it.
Couldn't some future events be held in towns/cities further north for a change, and yet still be accessible for people further south?
Is there an exhibition centre or a conference centre in Birmingham that could accomodate such an event at a reasonable cost, and yet be easily accessible by both motorists & non-car owners?
Regards
Mike