View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2011, 9:04 pm   #15
af024
Octode

Default Re: Collaro Conquest - a pictorial guide to servicing this deck.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for all this, I bet it took some documenting!

If I may, I have a question about item 5344 shown in Fig 3. In particular I wondered if there was something between it and the gear cam surface - perhaps something like a roller? Mine seems to run metal to metal and it looks a bit like something might be missing. Also, in order to get the arm to lift high enough on the measure part of the cycle, I've had to turn the adjuster screw almost all the way. Alternatively, I did wonder whether the gear/cam mounting post might be keyed where the mounting nut (and spring are located) and perhaps I hadn't keyed it back in properly. Did you notice whether it was keyed perhaps? I may have to take it to bits again to see.

The other interesting thing (although not connected to the above question) is an observation about the alternative part 5234 (versus 5246) - again Fig 3. It looks like I have the 5234 option (ie no shorting of the P.U. during the cycle option).

The final little niggly issue I have is that it doesn't want to turn off at the end of the cycle. It very nearly does, but the control doesn't fully return to the off position. Perhaps I've forgotten to replenish a critical bit of grease somewhere?

I'm sure I'll get there at some point but if you have any pointers along the way, that would be great.

Other than that, all is well. The original fault was tight motor bearings, but that's running like a good'un now.

Regards,

Andy
PS I wonder if the deck will manage to cue-up a 6" 'Kidditunes'-type record, or is that just going a bit too far?