View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2017, 9:04 pm   #159
Philips210
Nonode

Default Re: Magnetic Loop Receiving Aerial (Gary Tempest)

Hi.

Just an update to my posts #144 and 146. I have now basically completed the loop aerial project installation and I'm pleased to say it is all working very well. The attached pics show the completed loop aerial.

Pic 1 shows the 15mm copper tube aerial mounted on the reverse side of a fence panel.
Pic 2 shows the completed amplifier (Manhattan version) mounted on the fence panel (the side viewed from my garden).
Pic 3 shows the amplifier box secured to the fence panel.
Pic 4 is the completed amplifier (PCB version) which will be used for further tests on a second loop aerial project for the loft.
I'm also contemplating building a third amp for the workshop when time permits that is.

I'm pleased with the results and the loop aerial is certainly unobtrusive being fixed to the back of the fence. Even the amplifier housing is conveniently hidden when the flower pots are in place.
The most notable thing with the loop is the lack of noise which is so evident with my long-wire aerial. It's been an excellent project to build and as I said would have liked to have completed it much sooner. I would definitely recommend anyone to build this project which is primarily for improved LW and MW reception though it's also useful in the lower part of the SW band as well.

Regards
Symon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loop aerial.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	152597   Click image for larger version

Name:	loop ae amp Manhattan version.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	152598   Click image for larger version