View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2021, 7:42 pm   #8
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: RetrotechUK now 26th September '21

I think the name changed from National Vintage Communications Fair to the Retrotech is because of the increasing diversity of the items for sale in the fair.

There is quite a considerable amount of hi-Fi and related accessories on the stalls for sale now in recent years compared to years ago and probably to help start including such categories as “retro games” to the event which seems to be gaining in popularity now.

I think this is partially due to the increasing popularity of old (post 1960 era) Hi-Fi, record players ECT. and the decrease in the number and interest of new-find vintage radios and 405 line television sets being found now. (Content on AM radio is getting rather lacking in interest doesn’t help either!!)

If the event tried to limit stalls to selling only radio, television, telephones, valves and vintage test equipment I think that it would struggle to gain enough interest to allow the event to continue without being a financial loss.

Christopher Capener