View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2022, 10:25 pm   #1
Zuofu_C
Diode

Default RCA 24F650T (Thomson ITC-008 chassis) relay clicking/power cycling but no image

Hi All,

I've got a RCA 24F650T, that I've done a fair bit of work on, including dumping the EEPROM and installing a socket for the EEPROM, but recently I've got an issue which is baffling. So issue started with the TV refusing to power on, I will turn it on, it will click (I can hear the screen energize) and then it will flash white for a split second, and then turn off - upon which time it will restart. I've disassembled the screen and tried reprogramming the EEPROM with my known working .BIN with no avail.

I did notice that if I remove the EEPROM completely and power up the TV, it will start in the menu with some random settings for a couple of seconds, upon which time it will shut off (and then go back into the same power cycle loop). I'm going to try to replace the EEPROM (a new one is coming in tomorrow), but I was also thinking if you had any ideas. I'm also planning on putting my oscilloscope on the I2C lines, in case the I2C lines are being pulled high/low somehow (though I'm not sure how).

Is there anything on the analog side that you would recommend checking? I've attached the datasheet for the chassis, the visual inspection of the PCB looks pretty good, no obviously leaking capacitors. My particular TV has a separate PCB for the East-West drive, which I don't seem to have the schematics for.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf THOMSOM ITC008.pdf (1.25 MB, 66 views)