View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2020, 10:08 pm   #83
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: Hope to start an audio amp with CV415/CV4046/TT15

The board has finished in production and awaiting the courier, that will take a while to arrive, have made two open chassis/boxes one for each amp, and when I manage to sort out a bigger mains transformer I will do another one for the power supply. Had to actually buy some sheet steel from B&Q! have made them twice the size of the original to help with heat dissipation as each amp will have 14.8 watts of heater and 18 watts of HT to dissipate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	new chassis 2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	215256

Did a few measurements of HT current draw today and the total draw was 63 mA, with 52.2mA in the TT15 and g2 zeners. 5mA in the EF91 and 5.7mA in the ECF82. I was happy to see that the total draw did not change from no signal input to output. Of course the wattage should change if I get a bigger HT.

I have not bought pcb mounting valve holders as the sockets will be bolted to the metalwork, so will use solid wires as short as possible from the holders to the pc board once I have figured out mounting spacers for the board etc. The TT15 valve holder is deeper than the others.

I need to decide on what I do with the input to the amps with regard to controls, at the moment I just drive directly from the PC, but may consider CD audio or other inputs as well, perhaps I need a small input mixer with tone controls?

It's all fun and it keeps me off the streets.

Thanks for the information David, only recently noticed your post, I must have posted just after you last time and missed it.

Adrian