View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019, 1:34 pm   #1
beamcurrent
Heptode

Default BBC MCR21 Outside Broadcast Van Restoration

Our project is to restore MCR21 the BBC black & white 405/625L scanner (OB Van) to as near its original 1963 condition as possible, it will then be made available for public display at various museums and events.

The Trust's project is well underway and the object of this post is to raise awareness of MCR21 and to gather support and funding.

Our Trust has 4 trustees and we have formed a “CIO”, a registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation, and more information is on the MCR21 website.

As NVCF is soon, it forms a convenient meeting point to discuss and explain this project. This forum has a wide and knowledgeable readership (blatant plug) and it is hoped that information about the early BBC history of MCR21 (1963-1975) could be obtained or even original bits of equipment found! Wish List Link.

We also need to raise funds and to this end donations of unwanted equipment, that is unrelated to broadcasting, would be welcome to be sold at later events.

I should state, to clarify my position, that at the NVCF event I will be working on the bring and buy stall to raise funds for the BVWTM in Dulwich. Whilst our CIO, the Broadcast Television Technology Trust has similar objectives in the broadcast field it is unrelated and independent organisation.

Brian Summers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mcr-350.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	182276   Click image for larger version

Name:	pye mcr type 4013 sm 2000.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	182277   Click image for larger version

Name:	OB Vehicles 1963 - 65 Scan0014.jpg