View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2019, 6:44 pm   #87
john_newcombe
Hexode

Default Re: Gemini 80-Bus System

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDuell View Post
I'm not sure I'd call it an 'interest' as I've not done anything with it for a couple of years, but I have one of these machines.

Mine has 3 boards in the cardcage -- CPU, Video, and hard/floppy disk controller. There's a single 5.25" floppy drive and a (electrically) small hard disk. I do have the original keyboard and what I was told was the video monitor normally used with this machine, a Hantarex unit.

Mine has some kind of network interface too. It connects to the parallel port on the CPU board. The numbers had been scratched off the ICs which meant it took me a couple of minutes to identify them. The main IC was a dumb UART (amazingly)

Alas no software. The hard disk contains the OS (enough to boot the machine anyway) but nothing else.
Tony:
I was wondering what ROM you had in the CPU card that boots directly to the hard disk, was it Simon?

I am keen to both archive as much as I can and get my own SCSI disk working with my system. I desperately need a CP/M version with Winchester disk support. The version I have (GM512) doesn't seem to support these disks.

I am wondering if there was any way to image/copy your system tracks. And any ROMs on the boards.