View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 9:01 pm   #76
stonehopper
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Roberts RT7 - problem

I'm not sure I would know if there were solder bridges that shouldn't be there Steve, but I cannot see anything under the board that looks out of place or 'extra', though if it had been done well, maybe I would not notice.

As regards the meter readings on current, yes - there is more than one connecting socket on the meter for the red lead, and it is possible I have used the wrong one. I switched round to the 20m range in the 'A' quadrant, and got 1 . with the red lead in the V/ohms/mA socket.

Now I've just been back to the bench and carried out another quick check with power on, and got 0.03 with the red lead in the 10ADC socket, and switched round to the single 10A range.

Told you I didn't know what I was doing! Got to be led by the hand everywhere . . .

OK, looks like I'm on a transformer hunt. Meanwhile, I'll lift the C32 capacitor and see what readings I get. Should I be successful in getting a replacement T2 I can plan to move on from there.

Lots of interest in this thread and I must thank all involved very much for the advice given.

Duff forecast for tomorrow, so might get started on pulling the T2 from the board, and perhaps a visit to Maplin. Don't think they'll have what I want, but never been before.

Thanks all round gents, I'm still listening.

Derek

Not a prime example, but here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roberts RT7.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	24994  

Last edited by stonehopper; 29th Apr 2009 at 9:17 pm.