View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2019, 3:27 pm   #78
af024
Octode

Default Re: Bell and Howell TQII 1652 16mm projector

OK, so before I fit the new speed module and feed through my tester film to set the speeds up correctly, I did want to seek your opinions as to how I should be setting the shuttle ‘pull down’ cam. Clearly there is something amiss with its current setting (and there’s probably been a problem there for a while now if I’m honest as it makes a racket, looks like it’ll all drop to bits at any time, and it doesn’t hang onto the film as I think it should). I don’t want it to go wrecking film!

OK, so attached to this post are a couple of write-ups from Bell and Howell. The first one purports to be for the 1595, 2585, 2590 and 2592 and just mentioned tightening it up until slight binding/ratcheting is heard and then back of 1/16th turn. The second is for the TQII 1652 (and others – several 16xx series). The second talks about all sorts of tools and I must confess I can’t understand what it’s getting at.

I can’t comprehend why, when the mechanisms look the same between the different projects, there should be different procedures.

Any comments are of course welcome.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell and Howell 1595, 2585, 2590 and 2592 shuttle arm pull-down adj.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	188636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell and Howell 1652 shuttle arm pull down adjustment.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	188637